Miles macdonell collegiate craft sale clipart

Miles MacDonell was originally two separate schools and therefore occupies two main buildings. The north wing was originally Melrose Junior High which existed from 1954 to 1962. These buildings are linked by a hallway which, although it is above ground, is referred to as “The Tunnel” built in 1970 replacing a smaller 10 foot wide tunnel built in 1964. The Tunnel not only connects the two buildings, but is also home to the library, the arts room and the theatre.
The original part of school the present science wing was built in 1952, followed by a 1955 addition, the south wing second floor, a 1960 addition which added a gym and the school east of the tunnel. The former Melrose Junior High building became part of the school in 1962 and the current theatre, library and tunnel were added in 1970. In the 2010-2011 school year, two elevators were added to allow wheelchair access to the north and middle section second floors.